Class A 15/16 Teeners- Beresford Aug. 4-6
CHAMPION: West Central
Runner Up: Beresford
3rd Place: Wagner
4th Place: Volga
Consolation Champion: Milbank
6th Place: Madison White
Lou Thury Team Sportsmanship Award: Beresford
2017 16U Class A Pairing for VFW State Tournament
SE Region Champion (Beresford) versus NW runner up (Salem-Montrose-Canova)
NE Region Champion (Volga) versus SW runner up (Madison White)
NW Region Champion (Wagner) versus NE runner up (Milbank)
SW Region Champion (West Central) versus SE runner up (Dell Rapids)
Bracket Final as of 8/7/2017
Updated as of 7/27/2017:
Congratulations on qualifying for this year’s State A VFW 15/16 State Baseball Tournament Aug 4-6 here in Beresford!!
Facebook event has been created for you to follow tournament activities and announcements!
The tournament will follow VFW 15/16 rules which can be found at Varsity and 13-14 Rules. Tournament checklist can also be found at the following link.
Qualifying teams must send in their team photo and roster with names and numbers and coaches names to the following email by Sunday after your region tournament so we can get it in our program. Please send to email@example.com Everything goes to the printer Monday, July 31.
There will be t-shirts available for sale at the tournament, but in a very limited quantity. Following is a link to preorder your state tournament shirts. Please forward this link to all of your parents and fans also!! Teams may enter a P.O. # and pay for the entire team order at once on arrival. Shirts will not be handed out until bill is paid. The link to order your shirts is:
Your team order and your fan orders should be in on or before noon on Tuesday, August 1st, 2017. At the coaches meeting, each coach should bring one check payable to ”Intense Graphics” to pay for your teams’ shirt order if you choose to not order online.
- There will be a mandatory meeting for all coaches on Friday morning at 10:00 AM at the baseball field.
All rules, regulations and check of team member’s date of birth, team rosters and team insurance forms will be covered and checked at this time. The umpire-in-chief, all other umpires, tournament announcer, tournament scorekeeper, tournament grounds keeper, tournament chairman and team coaches should be present.
- Opening ceremonies will be held on Friday, August 4, 2017 at 4:45 pm. All teams are required to participate. All teams should be in full uniform. All teams should plan to gather behind the 3rd base dugout at 4:35 pm to get properly lined up and organized for the ceremony.
- Admission will be $5 per day for adults, HS students $2. JH and under are free.
- Commemorative programs will also be for sale.
- Concessions with burgers, nachos, pork loin sandwiches, ¼ pd. hot dogs, chips, candy, chocolate, popcorn, cold drinks and more will be available through the entire tournament
- Following are lodging options in our city limits:
Super 8 – (605) 763-2001
Crossroads Motel – (605) 763-2020
Windmill Campground – (605) 763-2029
- Beresford also has a new swimming pool. Admission $3.
- Spectators and teams may enter our field at two entrances. The North entrance of Legion Field is on south 8th street. The West entrance can be accessed off of 13th Ave. NO COOLERS WILL BE ALLOWED.
If you have any questions please contact:
Brent Palmer at 605-759-3877 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith Kropuenske at 605-661-4788 - email@example.com