Class B 12U- Canova; July 14-16
Runner Up: Bon Homme
3rd Place: Castlewood
From Canova Tournament Director:
Thank you for registering for this year’s State B VFW 12 U State Baseball Tournament July 14-16. Canova is excited to host this event within its community rich in the tradition of baseball. Please see the attached bracket for pool play
and championship tourney play. We will be utilizing google documents to provide up to date data regarding game results and up to date pitching totals using the below links.
2017 Bracket and Pitching Totals (on same document just on different tab on bottom of excel document)
Below are a few requirements for each coach to pay special attention to:
- Each team must be represented by one of their coaches at the Coaches meeting Friday, July 14 at 8:30 am in Canova at the Legion Hall located on Main Street in Canova. Here you will be required to bring copies of birth certificates for all players listed on your roster.
- There will NOT be any t-shirts available for sale at the tournament. The only sales for State Tournament T-Shirts will be pre-order sales using the attached order form. Please print this form, collect the orders including style and size for your entire team, friends and family. The entire order should go onto one order form and be returned via email to email@example.com on or before July 2, 2017. At the coaches meeting, each coach should bring one check payable to CBA to pay for your teams’ shirt order. Your team’s order will be ready for pick up at that meeting.
- Opening ceremonies will be held on Friday, July 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm on the baseball field. All teams are required to participate. All teams should plan to gather North of the 1st base dugout at 3:45 pm to get properly lined up and organized for the ceremony.
- Please see the attached form for advertising. Each team is asked to obtain 2 ads (including payment) from your local community in order to be represented on your team page in the program. This form needs to be returned by July 2, 2017. Payment will be collected at the coaches meeting on Friday morning. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We also ask that each team send the below for the tournament program:
- A team picture
- Team roster including coach name and player names and numbers
- These need to be completed and returned to email@example.com by July 2, 2017.
A few additional details as well.
- Entrance to the ballpark can be found by following the signs located in town and by entering from the Southwest side of the ball park complex. See map attached with driving route outlined in blue, parking areas outlined in green and gate entrance in yellow for further details. Admission will be $5 per day for adults, students under 18 are free.
- Please follow our Facebook Page (SD State VFW 12U Tournament) for up to date details leading up to the tournament and during the tournament.
- Concessions with burgers, hot ham and cheese, nachos, BBQ, hotdogs, chips, candy, chocolate, popcorn, ice cream, cold drinks and more will be available through the entire tournament. No coolers please.
- If you are in need of a place to stay please see the list of possible accommodations link.